Bruce Highway access to Pomona has changed recently due to highway upgrades. Take the Pomona/Kin Kin Exit (Exit 237) and follow the signs to the old Bruce Highway (now an access road). Continue up the hill and turn right at Pioneer Road. Follow the signs into Pomona Township.
- From Brisbane 1 ½ hours
- From Gympie 30 mins
- From Noosa 30 mins
Road closures for Pomona King of the Mountain Festival Sunday 22 July
The 40th annual King of the Mountain Festival in Pomona is being held on Sunday 22nd July and as per previous years will include the following street closures:
- Reserve Street between School Street and the eastern side of the railway crossing from 6am to 5.30pm
- Memorial Avenue between Church Street and Station Street from 6am to 5.30pm
- Hospital Street between Mountain Street and Memorial Avenue from 6am to 5.30pm
- School Street between Mountain Street and Reserve Street from 8.30am to noon
- Mountain Street between School Street and Church Street from 12.30pm to 5pm
Alternative routes around the festival area are via School Street, Factory Street, Railway Parade, Red Street and Rectory/Church Streets. Detour signs around the affected areas will be posted.
Heading North on the Bruce Highway:
Heading South on the Bruce Highway: