Entrants who complete the current years Bendigo Bank International Mountain Challenge go into the draw to win a trip over to New Zealand to compete as part of the Australian team in the NZ King of the Mountain race. This is our way of further supporting the mountain running community and giving non-winning runners a chance to bask in the glory of representing abroad.
See the below details for more information, limitations and conditions.
NZ Lucky Draw Prize Terms and Conditions
1) Category winners who are already being offered a trip to NZ to represent Australia in the Trans Tasman Challenge are NOT eligible to win this prize.
2) Entrants who have claimed the prize in any of the previous 2 mountain challenges are NOT eligible to win this prize.
3) With respect to point 2, this prize is considered claimed by the recipient 7 days prior to the booking of flights to NZ. Prior to this cutoff, if the recipient is unable to race at NZ and notifies the race director of the Bendigo Bank International Mountain Challenge so that the prize may be passed on to another runner as decided by the race committee then he or she remains eligible to win the prize in subsequent years.
4) The prize is NOT transferable to another entrant by the winner of the prize.
5) The prize is NOT deferrable to another year.
6) To be eligible, an entrant MUST have run in and completed the current years mountain challenge.
7) To collect the prize you MUST be personally present at the post race presentation, another person can NOT collect the prize on your behalf.
8) You MUST bring your race number up to the presentation stage with you to collect your prize.
9) Should an entrant NOT be present OR be able to personally present their race number when the prize is drawn at the post race presentation a second lucky draw MAY be instigated by the Race Director.
10) Should the prize not be claimed then the KOTM race committee may elect to decide on entrant to be offered the prize.
11) The prize includes, return airfare flights from Brisbane to Auckland for dates and times as decided by the Race Director (where able, this will be with the rest of the Australian team). The Race Director may agree to alternative flight arrangements with the prize winner on a case by case basis should circumstances warrant it. The contribution offered to the flights will however not exceed the flights that were originally made available to the prize winner.
12) The prize includes free entry into the NZ King of the Mountain race for the relevant year.
13) The prize does NOT include travel to and from the airport or expenses associated to it.
14) The prize does NOT include additional expenses whilst in NZ such as food, mobile coverage, etc.
15) There is an expectation that all members of the Australian team contribute to fuel in the rental car whilst in NZ.
16) Accommodation in NZ is typically arranged in the form of billeting. In the case where this is not possible, accommodation must be paid for by the prize winner.
17) The Race Director has the authority to amend any of the above terms and conditions at any time, without prior notification, including and not limited to, over-ridding any entrants claim to the prize.
18) The decision of the Race Director is final.